top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·40 members

Well, good job every body the answers were; late; biting; count. Way to go

What time of year was the song Jingle Bells originally written for? Christmas; or Thanksgiving make your guess.

Please continue to pray for John & Brenda as they both are experiencing health problems.

Wednesday 7/19

Eccl. 2:3 "After much thought, I decided to cheer myself with wine. And while still seeking wisdom, I clutched at foolishness. In this way, I tried to experience the only happiness most people find during their brief life in this world."

In this verse Solomon was trying to experiment as to the way that many people attempt to deal with their struggles in life, with consuming various types of wines, while he made sure that at the same time he allowed Godly wisdom to be his ultimete guide.

He wasn't getting totally wasted by over enbibing, rather he was attempting to see just what benefit drinking wine brings to others lives. His conclusions were that in comparison to following Godly wisdom, drinking was an inferior practice.

He was not attempting to get drunk but rather tasting fine vintages of wine, experimenting with these taste sensations. Seeking to relax, while at the same time, striving to gain from wisdom. He was attempting to recognize the attempt by common unlearned, godless men who are seeking to find amusement in foolish ways that men without Godly wisdom are prone to seek escape from their unhappiness.

Solomon wasn't blindly grasping at pleasure, but was rather seeking to understand the extent of pleasure that was available through these varied ways. Later in this book he will conclude all his findings from these many attempts to find the greatest of fulfillment.

We don't have to make these varied tests to find real contentment because he has laid out for us his extensive conclusions throughout this book. We are spared the consequences of these dealings by his extensive studies.

So Go With God is his final words of advice. For then we can rest assured that He has will guide us and bring the greatest satisfaction from our lives. Regret is a terrible task master, it is up to us to guide our lives away from decisions that result in regret, and loss.

I will never forget my experience of visiting an elderly, wealthy, powerful man in the hospital. He had experienced the benefit of his wealth and yet his words to me were, "Don't be fooled by the promise of our world."

John Sammis (1887) wrote this song in answer to Solomon's many questions "Trust and obey, for theirs no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey"

You can hear further verses on You Tube Trust & Obey VagleBrothers

beck5454
Lindsay Winterton
J

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page