top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·40 members

Trivia:

Way to go everyone your guess was correct, The slang for throwing up was Ralph.

Here is a riddle; Even though it is lighter than a feather, you can't hold it for five minutes. What is this? Answer tomorrow.

On the lighter side: What do dentists call their x-rays? Well of course they are their "tooth pics"! Oh was that too much?

Challenge:

Psalm 5:8 "Lead me in the right path, O Lord, or my enemies will conquer me. Make your way plain for me to follow."

David recognized the need that he had to recognize those evil intentions of those who opposed the path of the Lord. Have you stopped to think about just who our enemies are today? I was meditating on this, and I came to the realization of just who some of them are.

1) Well of course there are those rebellious thoughts that can so easily command my thoughts and

actions.

2) Then there are those many ways that I can become deceived, by others, my culture, or sadly even

by well meaning friends.

3) Then there are those fears and doubts within our minds, which can so easily beset me.

Can you think of any others that you contend with? _______________________________________________

After contemplating these potential enemies I became aware of just how important were our thoughts and plans, and how important it was to surrender our desires to seeking after God to make each of the steps in my life to be guided by our Lord. It is so easy to falter, and become confused by the influences that surround us, can't it?

The prophet Isaiah spoke of this as he talked about Israel, and then he spoke of God's promise for us Israel and His other children in Isa. 42:16 "I will lead Israel (my children) down a new path, guiding them along an unfamiliar way. I will brighten the darkness before them and smooth out the road ahead of them. Yes, I will indeed do these things; I will not forsake them."

I remember as a boy walking behind my dad through the snow, his steps were many times longer in their gate, so I had to slow down and jump rather than take normal steps. When I would get off balance I would fall in the snow and then I'd get up and slow down so I could jump to the next step. I can't help but think that this was what Isaiah was talking about for Israel and us.

Sometimes this new path that our Lord is leading us through seems impossible to follow, but He promises, "I will not forsake them". Even our way may seem unfamiliar, or just down right impossible, He promises that as we follow Him, He will then brighten our path, and smooth out the rough road ahead.

SO GO WITH GOD my friends for His ways will bring light, and comfort. When I learned to talk to my earthly father and ask him to take shorter steps, he would turn to me and say, Oh I'm sorry son, I'll make the way easier, clearer for you. In the same way our eternal Father will also take care of us as we call upon Him for help and assistance.

Lindsay Winterton
brenda x

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page