top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·40 members

From Pastor Ben

Trivia:

Here is an easy question. Which president's picture is on the $2.00 bill? Is it, George Washington or Andrew Jackson, or maybe Abraham Lincoln, or maybe it is, Thomas Jefferson? Now is your time to make your guess.

Challenge:

Ecclesiastes 8:10

"I have seen wicked people buried with honor. Yet they were the very ones who frequented the Temple and are now praised in the same city where they committed their crimes!

This, too, is meaningless."

Today Solomon points out the injustice of godless human justice. Remember, he reminded us in yesterday's verse of how unscrupulous men in positions of power can intentionally bring hurt and harm to his fellow men. Today he points out some other injustices which are sometimes carried out by influential godless people.

The injustices are:

1) Wicked people being honored even up to their burial and even memorialized as honorable individuals

2) These very same people in their life offered lip service and money to convince others of their righteousness

3) To top it all off is the fact that the very ones who witnessed atrocities by these people still offered words of honor after their deaths

You may be thinking, "Just how can this be?" In the same way Solomon is attempting to direct our thoughts into just why we should come to the realization that living for man's applause, honor, and rewards should be recognized for the emptiness that it truly is.

He came to that very realization that honor, reward, and even recognition for the appearance of righteousness are empty, and without meaning before a Holy God. Of all people in this life, he should be recognized as a man capable of the right and proper conclusions as the wisest man to have ever lived. All the people of his existence came from all places in the world to hear his words of wisdom.

What was his conclusion? "This, too, is meaningless." All of these actions are without importance. So, What is our reality? GO WITH GOD, for only His honor is worthy of our lifelong desire. Everything else is empty words, actions, and desires. They all disappear into nothingness in time.

As evidence of this truth, did you know whose presidential picture was on the two dollar bill? Even though he was president only a few hundred years ago, and his picture was placed on this currency even a shorter period of time. Did you need to go to the digital, or historical record for affirmation of the correct answer? This is our evidence, human honor is short lived, but in heavens records our life of obedience to God's truth's are forever remembered.

Psalm 73:28 says, "But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works."

beck5454
beck5454
beck5454
Nov 29, 2023

Andrew Jackson

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page