top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·40 members

Well, I you guessed cheese to be the most common food item stolen in the world, you would be right.

Did you know that Eggo's were not the first name given to frozen waffles? Can you guess what they were first called?

Friday 8/4

Eccl. 2:18,19 "I came to hate all my hard work here on the earth, for I must leave to others everything I have earned. And who can tell whether my successors will be wise or foolish? Yet they will control everything I have gained by my skill and hard work under the sun. How meaningless!

Solomon was frustrated because he wasn't sure that's those who inherited his inventions & efforts would properly care for them or even so much as appreciate them.

As we look around our world today we can come to an understanding of his concerns. We see so many people who have inherited great wealth & achievement but have no appreciation or understanding of what they so easily enjoy. Which has the tendency to result in the careless abandon of their inheritance.

They have many fruits from their parent's sweat & sacrifice but fail to protect, or even appreciate what is theirs due to their forbearers sacrifice. Solomon expressed these feelings though the earth had not experienced these results very clearly yet.

In his case; history recounts for us this very consequence. His father David, and he had worked to unify Israel into one strong, powerful, productive nation, but his son Rehoboam refused to listen to the counsel of Solomon's wise, mature counselors. Rather than to allow the nation to enjoy the fruit of theirs & their parents labor he doubled their taxes, regardless that his leadership was weak & useless.

This resulted in all of the riches that his father & grandfather had achieved to be stolen by the Egyptian nation. (2 Chron. 12:9,10) Take a look at this passage.

Unfortunately, Jereoboam suffered the same results, look at (1 Kin. 12-14).

Today we see the very same calamity, our forefathers have worked hard and experienced great acheivements and yet our youth have no appreciation for their sacrifice. In fact they disdain all of the many blessings that they enjoy. They even tear down the symbols of these acheivements.

So Go With God for He alone will protect us from these many failures that are prone to result in these many same consequences. Those thay we see in Rehoboam's people. To the extent that we honor God & His truths, to that very extent we will enjoy the fruits.

Lindsay Winterton
brenda x
beck5454

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page