top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·40 members

Trivia:

Well you were right, the song "Sweet Caroline" was written by Neil Diamond in honor of JF Kennedy's first daughter our 35th president.

Heres another mind blower; Which of these popular children's song, is most often sung in a round? Cymbeline; Little Jack Horner; Row, Row, Row your boat; Little Bo-peep? Now make your guess.

Challenge:

Psalm 22:22-25 "I will proclaim your name to my brothers and sisters. I will praise you among your assembled people. Praise the Lord, all you who fear Him! Honor Him, all you descendants of Jacob! Show Him reverence, all you descendants of Israel! For He has not ignored or belittled the suffering of the needy. He has not turned His back on them, but has listened to their cries for help. I will praise you in the great assembly. I will fulfill my vows in the presence of those who worship You."

Due to our Heavenly Father's love and care for each of us David proclaims his eternal purpose to be too bring praise to Him. There in verse 23 the writer declares who should lift their voices in His praise. 1) all you who fear Him! 2) all descendants of Jacob! 3) and finally all you who are descendants of Israel!

Then next he speaks of the reasons we should praise Him, because He validates, recognizes, and listens to the hurts of those who are ignored and needy. While others in their lives disregard their hurts, He stops, then listens to their struggles, and then responds to their feelings of insignificance.

I think we have all felt these times in our lives, haven't we? Times of being ignored, being disregarded, and even worse treated as though we are silly, and worse, uncared for and worst of all being silenced. David stops to promise His God that he will never be guilty of this conduct towards Him particularly because of the fact that He God never ignored these feelings in his life.

We should certainly give our gifts of praise to our God for He; unlike many other people in our life never ignores ours petty hurts, even though in comparison with others, these are truely silly in comparison to His sufferings for us.

Just think, the very Son of God, after years of teaching, healing, loving, feeding, giving unlimited compassion on every downtrodden person. Then, He was ignored, rejected, spoken evil of, beat almost to death, spit on, yelled at, jeered at, forced to carry His own torture instrument (the cross) lifted up in disdain. Then He spoke words of love and compassion, and then He willingly gave His life in payment for the sins of even the most guilty person who has ever lived in this world.

SO GO WITH GOD for He alone understands the greatest extent of suffering that we may experience in life. So be sure to express your love and adoration towards Him. Not just in your silent prayers, but also in your public proclamations. He certainly is deserving of these small gifts that we might offer. Praise, honor, reverence, and worship. Blessed be the name of our Lord.

Lindsay Winterton
brenda x
beck5454
J

Row row row your boat

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page