top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·40 members

Thanks again for your prayers for VBS things are going well. However, Please pray for a cooling trend, our AC is not effectively cooling the building, so it is very warm. Also Brenda was with us last night she reported that she is feeling better. Please continue to pray for her & John as they convalesce over these next few days.

Thanks too all of the VBS staff, they are doing a great job.

Can you guess; Where is the world's oldest operating roller coaster is located? Sea breeze Park; Kennywood; Lake mount Park; Luna Park? More tomorrow.

Wednesday 7/26

Eccl. 2:9 "So I became greater than all who had lived in Jerusalem before me, and my wisdom never failed me."

The Lord promised wisdom would be His, for he had realized the importance of this gift, and that he was unable to gain personally enough wisdom to fairly represent God to his people. (1 Kings 3:5)

This was what was said of Solomon in 1 Kings 3:3 "Solomon loved the Lord and followed all of the decrees of his father, David."

Solomon was wise enough to be aware that his great success in ruling Israel was not due to his own ability, but rather was as a result of God and His fulfillment to give him wisdom.

Solomon wasn't ashamed to recognize the source of his wisdom. Look at 1 Kings 10:24 "Now all the earth sought the presence of Solomon to hear his wisdom, which God had put in his heart."

Look what he said later in this passage Eccl. 2:26a "For God gives wisdom and knowledge and joy to a man who is good in His sight..."

The king gained favor from men, not because of his pride & great skill, but rather because he attributed his wisdom as from God's gracious gift to him.

So Go With God for he will give us wisdom & knowledge if we but put our trust & obedience in Him.

Take a few minutes to meditate on the song on You Tube: Trust and Obey VagleBrothers.

Lindsay Winterton
brenda x
beck5454
J
jennifermoya408
Jul 26, 2023

When i read the question, my thoughts went to knotts berry farm. Im a gazillion years old, i remember enjoying that ride as a wee little one.

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page