top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·40 members

Well its Wednesday, and despite everyone's guess Linonophobia is the overwhelming fear of. Wait for it: string. That's right, you heard it right, string. Now, I admit this is what may seem trivial, but, to those ones who suffer from its overcoming influence can be totally controlling.

It can be triggered, by simply seeing string, or even the thought of it, and then a wide range of responses can become overpowering, from colds sweats, trembling, heart palpitations, to the feeling of being choked or suffocated. Sounds terrible doesn't it? To those who suffer from this phobia even though it may appear menial, can become debilitating.

Well, yesterday was Charles Stanley's home going day, at age 90 years young he left this life and entered his eternal home. Well done my dear brother. Here are a few quotables from him:

You always have God's undivided attention.

We must remember that the shortest distance between our problems and their solutions is the distance between our knees and the floor.

Wednesday 4/19

Prov. 30:4 "Who but God goes up to heaven and comes back down? Who holds the wind in his fists? Who wraps up the oceans in his cloak? Who has created the whole wide world? What is his name--and his son's name? Tell me if you know!"

Here Agur makes these striking statements, to demonstrate the difference in the limitations of man's abilities, and God's. Of His great strength and man's seeming power, of which there is no comparison. Right???

In Job 38-42 God laid out in great detail His power & ability for Job and then Job made a similar statement in Job 42 "No one can oppose you, because you have the power to do what you will".Then Job said this in verse 5, "I heard about you from others; now I have seen you with my own eyes." This is how our Father desires for us to know Him, close personal, to see Him in all His glory "face to face."

John spoke in the same way in John 3:13 "No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man has come down from heaven." John knew this very same revelation that Job, and the disciples, had personally known. This encounter was the very experience that transformed them from weak faithless followers to courageous, fearless men.

Here Agur is laying out for us this same revelation that all of these men had personally come in contact with, the revelation of the presence of the living God.

"What is HIs name--and His son's name? Tell me if you know!" This was the very impact that came to all of us that day, when we recognized our sin & our need of The Savior. When we bowed our hearts before him and asked Him to come into our hearts and to take charge of our lives. Then we came to know Christ, as Job had, and this literally changed our outlook on all of life. Right?? Do you remember that day??

This verse lays out for us the wonder of our Father & Savior, the greatness of His presence in our lives and just how He graciosly laid it out for us in His creative power, in nature.

His power in the heavens

His power in the winds (we saw this just these last few months)

His might in all the waters -- on the earth, over the earth, and around it

His power to establish the very boundaries, of our universe

"What is His name?" Jesus, Jesus, Jesus there is just something about that name.

So Go With God for He yearns to be that force in our lives. What force? The power of His presence in us. As the songs says, "Kings & kingdoms will all pass away, but there's something about that name.". Let's together live out the influence of His power in & through our life, our world desperately needs this. Only as we openly witness of Him through our life can He be seen in our world. Oh dear Jesus help us to as Job said demonstrate your working in our lives.

J
beck5454
Lindsay Winterton
brenda x

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page