top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·39 members

Hey can you believe it? Monday already. By the way; What do you call two birds stuck together? That's right, Velcrows. Ho Ho, Ha ha. Oh

Today's meditation is found in

Prov. 22:9 "He who has a generous eye will be blessed, For he gives of his bread to the poor."

This statement is a general comment, regarding the generous person. He will be blessed by God. Our Father is mindful of those individuals who give of their resources & will multiply His resources due to way in which he passes them onto others.

We are reminded of the principle of sowing & reaping throughout the Bible. We see this in Job 4:8; Hos. 8:7; Hos. 10:13; 2 Cor. 9:6; Gal. 6:7-9. All of these take the two sides of generosity & self-interest and them compare the outcome.

My grandfather was a very generous man, he would buy a whole trailer of watermelons and then put them in rows in his front yard. When people came to buy supplies from him on their way out he would tell them to pick up one to take home.

He bought beans by the 50lb

Bag & wheat by the barrel, honey by the drum. He did this in order to be able to give to others. Generosity can be more than giving things, it can also be giving time, care, concern, for others.

We had one elderly woman at church.

She came to church in a wheel chair, she would roll up to a child and say come sit on my lap. Then she would talk to us with words of encouragement. Her name was Mrs. O'Banyon and her laugh and enthusiasm for life was contagious. Her generous gift was encouragement and she would pour it on everyone around her, and then give a sucker to us kids. I remember the sadness that all of us children shared upon her death, oh, not for the sucker but, for her joy for life her ability to find humor in our words.

So Go With God and His abundance will be your arsenal to pour out on people in need. Maybe a smile, or hug, or even a gift. He will place in your hand just the right gift to pass on to others. When you administer His gift to others you will in turn be blessed.

Becky had a co-worker who always amazed me. Though he was wheel chair bound and had to use a voice activated keyboard, his ingenuity & huge heart for others was always evident. He has a way of letting our Father's gifts flow out through his life. He could selfishly focus on his needs, but instead Bob passes on his bounty to others. I will forever be amazed at his care & concern for others. When Becky says his name, I can't help

but smile. He has become God's hand of compassion on those who are in his life who are in need of the very gift that God has given him.

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page