top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·39 members

Well today is Wednesday and we are halfway through the week, that is hard to believe. When does the doctor let his cat help with his patients? You guessed it, When his patient needs a “cat” scan. That was purrr fect.

Our meditation for today is found in Prov. 18:17 “The first one to plead his cause seems right, Until his neighbor comes and examines him.”

Have you noticed that when someone tells you their side of the story it sounds so reasonable, until you take time to listen to the other side? Then the story takes on a whole other perspective, which in turn requires more investigation from everyone involved.

I have experienced that sort of conflict even when trying to sort out my grandchildren‘s dilemma or when trying to decide which way to vote on a referendum in our laws during election time.

Have you noticed that sometimes people will intentionally twist the truth to give their position a more favorable appearance?

This is why we need to ask the Spirit for His leadership. Remember when God asked Job whIke he was questioning God “Why have these things happened to me?” in Job 11:17 “Can you search out the deep things of God? Can you find out the limits of the Almighty?“ The intimation is that only truly God can have the wisdom to give direction in these complex times. Only He can know the long term benefit of suffering in our lives, therefore, it is vital for us to seek out His purposes.

This advise then is to take the time to ask for insight from all people in a matter, don’t just take one persons observations. Most importantly don’t try to conclude a matter without searching out all perspectives in a matter.

So Go With God and desire the leading of the Spirit in all matters. In this fast paced age it is so easy to conclude a decision without considering all issues in a thorough manner. Many times the situation is so complex that only God is able to give us guidance. The tendency of our day is to fail in this process which can result in long term damage to the innocent party. “Search our the deep things of God”

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page