top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·39 members

Trivia:

Way to go everyone, you got it right, MacDonalds is the home of Hamburger U.

Which of these national parks is in Wyoming? Yosemite National Park; Grand Teton; Bryce Canyon; Dry Tortugus? Make your guess.

Challenge:

Psalm 25:1-7 "O Lord, I give my life to you. I trust in you, my God! Do not let me be disgraced, or let my enemies rejoice in my defeat. No one who trusts in your will ever be disgraced, but disgrace come to those who try to deceive others. Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me. All day long I put my hope in you. Remember, O Lord, your compassion and unfailing love, which you have shown from long ages past. Do not remember the rebellious sins of my youth. Remember me in the light of your unfailing love, for you are merciful, O Lord."

This Psalm is an acrostic, in which each line uses the next Hebrew alphabetic symbol. He writes of his confidence when placed in God brings blessings, and his testimony which speaks of God's constant guidance to those who follow His ways. Then he finishes his thought by requesting God's forgiveness for the failures of his youth.

This Psalm begins and closes with the request that he not be made top be ashamed, of those things which he did in his life, but rather be found rejoicing in the works that God accomplishes through his life. He also requests that God daily conform His life to the characteristics of God.

We don't know for sure when David wrote this psalm, however the rabbiticaul belief is that is was written while David was fleeing from Absalom. Primarily due to his failure to discipline his sons early in their youth, which resulted in this time of shame for his nation. He is recounting the mistakes he made in his younger years and the discord that his mistakes brought among his sons. His failure resulted in great consequence even unto the death of some of his sons.

SO GO WITH GOD for our sins of the past are forever placed under the covering of His shed blood for us. They are removed as far as the east is from the west and buried in the depths of the deepest sea.

And also as we follow His guidance we are protected from the extreme losses that come when we fail to follow in His ways. My dear one follow in His ways each day and you will not be made ashamed.

beck5454
Lindsay Winterton
jennifermoya408
brenda x

Yosemite?

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page