top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·39 members

It’s Friday nearing the end of another week and the beginning of a new school year for some schools.

By the way, Do you know; Why the crocodile ran his mile so fast? Well of course it’s because he had Gatorade. Ha ha

Our meditation for today is found in Prov. 20:29 “The glory of the young is their strength; the gray hair of experience is the splendor of the old.”

This verse is reminding us of the advantages of each stage in life.

Youth - has vigor & strength

Elderly - has the potential

advantage of wisdom

due to their experiences

In the ancient near east; age was a sign of wisdom.

While in Israel it was considered a sign of God’s favor or reward for obedience.

Solomons words here are making the case for both time periods & how recognizing each of them & allowing each stage to bring its benefit’s to all others.

Youth - should be given the role of war, challenge, struggle, adventure, etc.

Elderly - be recognized for their role for guidance, past experience, dealing with failure & gaining insight from it, helping determine what not to do, etc.

Both should be respected & valued while both should freely share in successes & yes, also in failure.

This is why reading the Bible should have such an important place in each of our lives. It allows us to gain insight in proper youthful vigor, while at the same time, warnings from the life experiences of past failures & successes.

So Go With God for He will guide us in future decision making, while comfort us in inevitable failures. Our Father doesn’t promise us a perfect life, but, He does promise a life enriched & fulfilling.

My sweet friend draw upon His leadership & forgiveness in your life. I promise, you will never regret His presence, comfort, care, and loving workings in your life.

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page