top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·39 members

Trivia:

Great job everyone the correct answer was that the national park that is in Wyoming was the Grand Teton.

Here is another brain teaser. What are the stone lions in front of the New York Public Library called? Strength & Honesty; Pride & Excellence; Patience & Fortitude; or Will power & Honor? Make your guess.

Challenge:

Psalm 25:7-10 "Do not remember the rebellious sins of my youth. Remember me in the light of your unfailing love, for you are merciful, O Lord. The Lord is good and does what is right; He shows the proper path those who go astray. He leads the humble in doing right, teaching them His way. The Lord leads with unfailing love and faithfulness all who keep His covenant and obey His demands."

In this next section of Psalm 25 David requests that God conform his character to the nature of God. Then he recognizes that both the sin of immaturity and yes even adulthood needs forgiveness. Next he recognizes two of God's highly visible characteristics; He is good and upright, and then guides and strengthens us to following His just dealings.

David appears to pick out the single most important quality that are needed for our leaning. That of remaining humble, and meek enough to admit our ignorance and extreme need for further instruction. If we are teachable we will soon develop the qualities of steadfastness, and faithfulness in our lives.

As we give regard to His qualities of justice, righteousness, loving kindness, and truth, this will bring forward these continuing qualities in our lives.

David comes to the reality as he is running from his rebellious son, due to the fact that these qualities of rebellion and unfaithfulness have infected his family as a direct result of his own iniquity. David was called a man after God's heart several times in the Bible. My conclusion of why these words were spoken of his life, are not due to his prevailing desires, but because of his tendency once recognizing his sinfulness, how he quickly admittedly turned away from them.

For it is one thing to recognize our sinful conduct, but it is an entirely different issue to directly repent, and turn from that sinful conduct and then do an about face in our future responses.

SO GO WITH GOD my dear ones for He will not only forgive our disobedience but he will also cleanse our ways.

As young men my mom would point out the messiness of our room to my brother and I but then she would help us return our room to cleanliness and order. She didn't just become angry and upset, but she would lovingly assist us in cleaning it up and then guide us in just how to keep our room from falling back into disorder again. Once she even requested that dad help us build racks in our closet to aid us in maintaining order and structure. This pattern aided us in both of our future occupations, my brother in his carpet & hard floor business, and me in my custodial practices in schools.

In the same way our Lord desires to aid us in keeping our spiritual lives orderly and conscious of our much needed daily upkeep. We both have reminded each other over the years of our thankfulness for mom's involvement in our lives in both of these areas.

Lindsay Winterton
beck5454
beck5454
beck5454
Jun 18

Pride and excellence

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page