top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·39 members

Trivia:

Way to go every one you made a good guess, but the city with the largest park in the U.S. is Anchorage, Alaska. At the Chugach State Park, mostly in the city of Anchorage, it delivers 500,000 acres in the Chugach & Wrangell mountain range on the Prince Williams sound, which allows guests to have viewpoints with ocean shoreline, lakes, glaciers and ice fields.

Here is another trivia question: Which U.S. state is home of the world's biggest baseball bat? California; Arkansas: Ohio; Kentucky?

Challenge:

Psalm 27:7-14 "Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice! Have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When you said, "Seek My face", My heart aside to you, "Your face, Lord, Lord, I will seek." Do not hide Your face from me; Do not turn Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; Do not leave me nor forsake me, O God of my salvation. When my father and my mother forsake me, Then the Lord will take care of me. Teach me your way, O Lord, and lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies. Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries; For false witnesses have risen against me, And such as breathe out violence. I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the Lord, In the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!"

Wow, what a tremendous ending, huh? This Psalm has several things that are enveloped in these thoughts:

You can trust Yahweh to bring victory in your conflicts (vs. 1-3)

The place that offers the victory that we need is placed in our life when we go to Him (vs. 4-6)

When we learn to call upon Him for guidance, deliverance, and strength then He will bring them to our lives (vs. 7-12)

The conclusion to these vital lessons is .... wait for it...

SO GO WITH GOD my dear one, "WAIT ON HIM, and then courage can be instilled in our lives, and strength will come to our ways, so "WAIT, I, SAY, ON THE LORD." I know this sounds too simple, right?

It appears to be just a nice trite saying, but, it none the less is the ultimate truth.

Just think about this for a minute. When those who you feel can be most trusted in our life. Who are they? Our parents, family, children, when they all fail to believe in you or are unable to help you. Still "The Lord will take care of you."

SO, "Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He will strengthen your heart; WAIT, I SAY, ON THE LORD!

Have you ever been in that place? Where all physical resources have been depleted, there is no other force in your life. That is when, we can really learn the extent of God's love for us. Have you ever been there?

If that is where you are at this very instant. STOP!!! WAIT!!! Surrender to Him, then He will give you strength.

I came to that point a few years ago. Covid had brought me to the point where there was no hope. I had no choice but to follow my earlier words, to Stop, wait, surrender to Him, and when there was no other answer, He came through in courage, strength, and healing, like a rush.

This was such a sacred moment, I was even afraid to share this special place. I didn't want to stain it by letting any other living person hear of it. For He came in that sacred time of surrender, and He strengthened my heart by releasing my lungs from total breathlessness to a full capacity of laborless breathing.

I can't really tell you of this miracle in an adequate way, worthy of His working, but I just leave you with this thought. If ever you come to this place, WAIT on the Lord, and He will give you the courage and strength, to continue forward. As verse 13b says, "That you would see the goodness of the Lord"

Even now today when I am reminded of His goodness, it comes to me with such a force of His love flowing into my being, tears of joy and for a moment of His overwheming presence it floods over me with such force, to the point that I can't speak, but only face this overwhelming place of tears, and rememberance of Him, His love, His strength, His goodness.

So WAIT, I say, ON THE LORD! and He will fill you with HIMSELF. Don't give in or up to the forces of the enemy, but rather, surrender to His loving power in your life.

Lindsay Winterton
beck5454
beck5454
beck5454
25 de jun.

Oh, who knows? I will guess Kentucky.

Curtir

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page