top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·39 members

Well good Monday morning, I’m glad to share again some wisdom from the lips of God. But first, some trivia. Do you know the average time it takes for food to pass through your body? Why not take a guess? Is it 28 hours; 36 hours; 48 hours; Or 53 hours?

I’ll tell you next time.

Just think, after you eat your food, it takes 6-8 hours to pass down our throat into the small intestine. From there it moves into the large intestine, or colon, for final digestion & absorption of water from our food. Wow, who knew?

Monday 12/5

Prov. 25:28 “A person without self-control is like a city with broken-down walls.”

This warning is focusing on two concerns,

1) exposure to evil influences. Unfortunately, the more such challenges in our

world, the more harm can be brought to our lives and the lives of those we love or

are responsible for.

2) our vulnerability to worldly forces. Just as the importance of walls, doors, & roofs

so are the defenses of our emotions for our inner well being.

Self-control is a key part of obedience to God, for without it, everything else falls susceptible to the forces of our world. If we fail to learn this vital discipline then we are open to so much outside harm. Due to the turmoil of our world many defenseless people have fallen to destruction. As we look around our world we see the struggles that our youth in particular are susceptible to.

Due to this external warfare going on in our world, our discipline & self-control is vital to the well-being of all of those fledglings of our world. When we fall prey to the various struggles in our world, we are weakened to all sorts of evil forces. Our enemies, the world, the flesh, and the devil are seeking victory over each of us. This is particularly true as we take our place as influencers in our naive world.

So Go With God for He alone is able to hold us strong in an evil, out of control world, where people of influence speak falsel, without consequence. Stand strong in Him, and He will make you strong in this evil world.

Lindsay Winterton
Lindsay Winterton
Dec 05, 2022

I think it takes 36 hours.

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page