top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·40 members

Trivia:

Thoughts from a vet: My dog will eat anything until you put a pill in it then he becomes British celebrity chef, Gordon Ramsey. Ha don't know if you've experienced this but I sure have.

The dog asked the question, Do you know what the difference is between ignorance and apathy? Then the cat answered, I don't know, and I don't care.

What was the first food to be consumed in space? Bread; Popcorn; Beef Jerky; or Pureed Meat? Make your guess. I hope to answer tomorrow if I have internet coverage, both are potentially hostage.

Challenge:

Psalm 8:6-9 "You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet, All sheep and oxen--Even the beasts of the field, The birds of the air, And the fish of the sea That pass through the paths of the seas. O Lord, our Lord, How excellent is Your name in all the earth!"

These verses emphasize the significance of mankind, and the reality that we were created in God's image and likeness. Then the next truth spoken here was that we were intentionally given dominion over the entire creation that God made. In Genesis 1:28 God laid out the unique position we men have been given. "Then God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it. Reign over it ..."

Satan has manuevered to take this role that God gave to us, to rule, to have the oversight over all of the earth and all on the earth. This aides us in recognizing the extent of the fall of man in the garden, Satan's plan to overthrow God's intended plan for the earth.

We were intended to rule the earth with a desire to be guided by His hand. Then Satan with his sinister plan set out to take away that place of dominion, and become the ruler. From that point on God had to intervene in Satan's control of His creation. He had to remove man from the garden lest man live eternally outside of His intended role. (Man and God walking together in partnership in overseeing His creation)

Now the writer of Hebrews reminds us that we no longer see man enjoying his rightful role of undisputed sway in the world. Hebrews 2:5-9 Now dogs bark at man, snakes bite him, and even birds and fish attempt to elude us. Why this change? Sin entered the world through Adam, and due to this; men lost this unqualified sovereignty over God's creation.

Even yet, God's purposes stand. He the majestic one, His purpose still "fills the earth". Nothing can block our eternal God's purposes. Oh, we may not recognize His works, they none the less still stand. Though we may not see all things subject to man right now, we do see Jesus-- the one Person who can restore man's proper role for all of time.

Christ became temporarily lower than the angels in order that He may die for the human race. But now He is crowned with all glory and honor at our Father's right hand. Some day He will return to reign as King of Kings, Lord of Lords, though for a time His dominion is forfeited by Adam, He will return as the last Adam. Then we will properly sing this last verse. "O Lord, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth!"

SO GO WITH GOD for His day is coming, and our day will be filled with His wonder. Now as we surrender to His ways, and allow Him to fill us through the Spirit, we are made a new creation. Old things pass away and all things become new. Oh my dear one walk with Him and He will reveal His many working's through your life each day. We can say, "It will be worth it all when we see Christ."

J
Lindsay Winterton
brenda x
beck5454

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page