top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·39 members

Well here is a fact I bet you may not know; Where were fortune cookies first invented? U.S.; China; Taiwan; Vietnam; Make a guess; an answer tomorrow.

On the lighter side: Here's a quandary for all; Where do cowboys cook their chili? Well, of course, On the range. Talk about a heated conversation!

Friday 9/1

Eccl. 4:1 "Again, I observed all the oppression that takes place under the sun, I saw tears of the oppressed, with no one to comfort them. The oppressors have great power, and their victims are helpless."

Here are just a few instances of oppression pointed out in the Bible:

Job 35:9 ... they groan beneath the power of the mighty. (Physical might)

Ps. 12:15 ... I have seen violence done to the helpless. (Physical & emotional)

Eccl. 3:16 ... there is evil in the court room (injustice)

Eccl. 5:8 ... matters of justice get lost in red tape and bureaucracy. (cover ups of truth)

Isa. 5:7 ... He (God) expected to find righteousness, but instead heard cries of violence

When unrighteous mankind are allowed to rule we see just a few of these consequences...

When our world questions the benefit of true Christianity's influence in our world, here are just a few of the responses we should remember.

I find when people make these statements they are actually raising as their defense, extremist religious groups, not True Christian examples.

You may ask, or be asked, What are the distinctives of a true Christian?

1) They recognize their new position in Christ. (saved by grace not by works)

2) They place great value on standing true to Christ's values. (old pass away all things become new)

3) They respond with action when they recognize others in need. (love like Jesus did)

Having lived my life as a believer for more than 65 years, I am convinced that the world we live in is better in every way when Christ's people are given influence in our world. Would you not agree?

BACK to our main topic of oppression in our world, though I wouldn't say there is no oppression where believers are found, however, I would say that love always wins out over oppression.

The NKJV version makes this thought in the last part of the verse, "On the side of their oppressors there is power, But they have no comforter."

Here we are faced with the results of oppression:

Great Power BUT no comforter

You see the result of a true Christianity is that he (the believer) has the presence of the comforter in his life.

He may at times not carry out the best initial response, but ultimately when oppression is being carried out the comforter (Holy Spirit) will always spring forth. Even in the most legalistic environment I have noticed that comfort, compassion and caring actions will inevitably seep out of His children.

So Go With God for He continually influences our world into comfort for the fallen, oppressed, sorrowful. Samaritan's Purse, Southern Baptist disaster relief program, Hope Incorporated, are just a few evidences of comfort that usher out of His children.

Oh my dear one rest in His comfort, you will never be disappointed in His working in your life.

Lindsay Winterton
brenda x
jennifermoya408
beck5454
jennifermoya408
Sep 01, 2023

Wish they added to happy meals, i think china first invented fortune cookies.

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page