top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·39 members

Trivia:

Last week we asked; What were the people in the 50's called? You all got the correct answer, Baby Boomers, for they were the age of focusing on family, having children, and joying in their progress.

Here's another blast from the past. Who sang the song "Born in the USA"? David Bowie; Steven Tyler; Jim Morrison; Bruce Springsteen? Make your guess.

Challenge:

Psalm 30:6-12 "Now in my prosperity I said, "I shall never be moved." Lord, by your favor You have made my mountain stand strong; You hid Your face, and I was troubled. I cried out to you, O Lord; And to the Lord I made supplication: "What profit is there in my blood, When I go down to the pit? Will the dust praise you? Will it declare Your truth? Hear, O Lord, and have mercy on me; Lord, be my helper!" You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever."

Through this passage we are reminded that times of blessing and solitude aren't always guaranteed, nor will these good times insulate us from times of hardship. But, rather we should draw from the good times, our focus on building our faith and confidence in God. In fact we are reminded that these good times should be used to draw us to meditation, prayer, and the desire to meditate on the things of our Lord.

Ezra was mindful of this in Ezra 8:21 while the nation was victoriously traveling back to their homeland. Just as they were preparing to cross the Ahava river into thie promised land Ezra felt the need for each one to stop and humble themselves before the Lord, and to give thanks for the Lord's many blessings, direction, protection, ass well as the blessings of childbearing, and the many needed provisions to care for these blessings.

He reminded them of the joy and blessings that were there's by saying, "The hand of our God is upon all those for good who seek Him, but His power and His wrath are against all those who forsake Him."

We all know just how easy it is to become comfortable, and complacent when times are calm and secure. The challenge is to as verse 6 says, "Never be moved". Then verses 8-10 reminds us how to keep us from losing touch with God and His desire to pour out His blessings on us each minute of our lives. To Cry out to Him daily, lay before Him our needs, stay reminded of the fragility of life, and the need that is ever present to then stop to praise His name and to declare His truth, and to seek Him as our eternal "Helper".

For then when we humble ourselves, verse 11 tells us that then, He will turn our heart of mourning, into a heart of dancing. He will cause our joy of heart to cause us to put off the clothing of sorrow, instead and be turned into clothes of gladness.

In fact so much so that tears, and sadness are shed and words of praise flow from our heart, mind, soul, and yes even our mouth. In fact we won't be able to close our mouth because of the many blessings that we are enjoying. Then we can not just say, or sing the words, but we will be able to feel their truths, "O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever."

One of the reasons that when we come together in worship, and fellowship with each other, and with our Lord. That we begin with expressing through our songs of praise, our adoration, thanksgiving, joyfulness is that "He inhabits the people of His praise."

Lindsay Winterton
brenda x
beck5454
jennifermoya408

Bruce springsteen

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page