top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·39 members

Trivia:

Well I can't pull much over on you all, Yes the original name for Tom and Jerry, was originally named Jasper and Jinx. After a new series of cartoons were released by MGM they were given the new name of Tom & Jerry.

On the lighter side:

Can you guess what you would call a magician once he's lost his magic? Well of course Ian. ho ho ho, get it?

Challenge:

Psalm 5:3 "Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly."

These beginning words have led to this and other Psalms being labeled "Morning Psalms" along with Psalm 55:17 as well as Psalm 88:13. In each of these Psalms the writer reflects on his prayers and his expectancy for His Father to answer those requests.

Throughout the Bible several other prophets came before the Lord with great expectancy and faithfully the Lord answered to the needs of the nation of Israel. Therefore the title Yahweh, was given to their God, due to his faithful answers to His nations many requests.

Micah 7:7 was one of those requests being answered faithfully. "As for me, I look to the Lord for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me."

Habakkuk 2:1 is another time remembered, "I will climb up to my watchtower and stand at my guard post. There I will wait to see what the Lord says and how He will answer my request."

It is with this very confidence that we come before our faithful, all knowing Father, each and every morning, for we daily recognize His love and care for us. Sometimes His answer isn't exactly the way that we would wish but each passing day, His answers are always answered in exactly the most gracious and ultimately we recognize as the best way.

As a young boy I was reminded of this truth, as each day my earthly father would remind me of answers I had prayed in family devotions that had been answered by Yahweh. For this was the endearing term that Our God handed down to Moses as the nation of Israel wandered in the wilderness, and He God provided for their daily needs, through manna, water, light by night, and clouds by day.

SO GO WITH GOD my saint, for He certainly will provide for your needs as you come to Him with your requests with devotion and expectency.

Lindsay Winterton
brenda x
beck5454
jennifermoya408
beck5454
beck5454
Apr 05

I don't get the magician joke.

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page