top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·39 members

Trivia:

Way to go Lindsay, the city to have the first ice cream parlor was Philidelphia.

Which city has the largest public park in the U. S.? Anchorage; Baltimore; San Francisco; New York, make your guess

Challenge:

Psalm 27:1-6 "The Lord is my light and my salvation--so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble? When evil people come to devour me, when my enemies and foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will not be afraid. Even if I am attacked, I will remain confident. The one thing I ask of the Lord--the thing I seek most--is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in His Temple. For He will conceal me there when troubles come; He will hide me in His sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock. Then I will hold my head high above my enemies who surround me. At His sanctuary I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy, singing and praising the Lord with music."

This Psalm gives us reasons for placing our confidence in God. His ability to provide victory (vs. 1-3) and His desire to live with joy in the Temple (vs. 4-5) then an affirmation of offering of opportunities to give praise to God (vs. 6).

He started off by remembering how his trust in God's deliverance and protection were continuous. Then He expressed his desire to remain in God's presence all of his life. Next he ended by celebrating his praise with offerings of praise in shouts and songs of music in the Temple.

When the darkness settles on men, that is the time that God's salvation rests on him. In the light of God's presence there is peace, love and joy. When we place our confidence in God then is when we are emboldened by His many properties of light, salvation and strength, due to that there is no cause for fear or terror.

As a young boy I can remember the loud and powereful lightening and thunder storms while living in the little town of Carterville, Mo. This was especially scary in the darkness when loud claps of thunder and bright bolts of lightening would burn across the sky. I remember those times when the radio newscaster would warn us to go get protection in the storm cellar. Our neighbors the Brownibgs, an elderly couple, would walk over to our house, knock on the door and invite us to join them in their cellar. In some of those times Dad was gone out of town, and we had no cellar, so we gladly joined them.

They had all sorts of delights which distracted us from the dangers above ground. There were all sorts of sweet delights, soda pop, cookies, etc. Then there was a pile of comforters we could surround ourselves with. They had lanterns, and yes even a wind up record player with lots of records telling those stories of the past, Hansel & Grettle, the wicked witch of the west, Rin Tin Tin the brave dog who protected children from any dangers.

The powerful storm above ground was soon forgotten and the many sounds of wonder and protection filled our childhood minds. Hours went by as if only moments and the loud storm was gone, and a peacful cool breeze reigned in the air. Grandpa & Grandma Browning as we called them, had wisked us off in there peacful surrounding once more. They most days invited us to watch daily programs on their black & white TV, which we didn't have. We watched "It's Howdy duty time" a cowboy show, of which I'm sure were boring to them, but we enjoyed these shows.

SO GO WITH GOD for He will bring to our lives these wonders if we will but listen to His voice. He even many times brings to our lives other saints who have the skill to bring to our minds the goodness of God, and His many times of protection and provisions found written in His Word. Rest in Him my dear one, for He will carry you through.

brenda x
Lindsay Winterton
beck5454
beck5454
beck5454
Jun 24

NY

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page