top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·39 members

Well happy Friday, hope you’re looking forward to fellowshipping & worshiping with the saints this weekend. Hey, I have some ELECTRIFYING news, Every second, 100 cloud-to-ground lightning strikes hit the earth. So are you charged up now? Now, don’t be afraid only one in 5,000 Americans will ever be struck.So much for that factoid, ha.

Today’s meditation is found in

Prov. 17:27, 28 “He who has knowledge (is truly wise) spares his words, And a man of understanding is of a calm spirit (is even tempered). Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; (keeps silent) When he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive.“ (seems intelligent)

These verses emphasize 3 things:

1. If we are smart we’ll use few

words

2. We should strive to be even-

tempered

3. When we follow the first two principles we will be

considered perceptive

My dad used to say “engage the brain before releasing the mouth.”

There are many verses in Proverbs that confirm this but probably the most concise is Prov. 10:19 “To much talk leads to sin. Be sensible and keep your mouth shut.”

Listen to James sage advice in James 1:19 Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.”

That isn’t saying that fools show wisdom when quiet, but rather silence conceals their folly.

So Go With God and He will fill our minds with wisdom and our mouths with self-control (Restraint)

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page