top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·40 members

Trivia:

In answer to yesterdays trivia: What is the real word for "Hashtag"? I don't feel so bad, it is nice that no one else guessed this right either. It is actually called a "octothorpe". It is the symbol that precedes tags on social media platforms. So next time you want to impress someone, inform them of this symbols true title.

On the lighter side:

The other day I told my doctor that I broke my arm in two places, Guess what he said? He told me to stop going to those places. Talk about the wrong place at the wrong time. Ho, ho

Challenge:

Psalm 4:1 "Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; Have mercy on me in my distress; Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer.

Well these two Psalms 3 & 4 have several similarities as Songs of Lament, however, Psalm 3 is called a morning psalm (3:5), while Psalm 4 is called an evening psalm (4:8).

"Hear me when I call" is a common exclamation that we see also in Psalm 13:3; 27:7; 55:2; 86:1; 143:7. The Psalmist expresses great confidence in God's deliverance, due to His faithful hand of justice. You see David found His God to be the consistent basis for righteousness. Not just being righteous Himself, but also upholding the very base for righteousness in our world.

Sturgeon assured us that prosperity does very little in our life in comparison to adversity, here is a quote he often repeated. "I am afraid that all the grace I have gotten out of my comfortable and easy times and happy hours might also lie on a penny. But the good that I have received from my sorrows and pains and griefs is altogether incalculable. What do I not owe to the hammer and the anvil, the fire and the file! Affliction is the best tool in my house."

SO GO WITH GOD for His ways in our life bring great strength. Faith is like a muscle. It must be worked out to be enlarged. So if you feel like you've been broken down, or beat up, take hope, for that was the time that David was enlarged. And that is the very time we will experience an enlargement in our life as well.

Lindsay Winterton
beck5454
jennifermoya408
brenda x
brenda x
brenda x
Mar 27

THANK YOU PASTOR BEN FOR THESE WORDS

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...

Subscribe Form

Thanks for submitting!

951-674-9350

911 W Graham Ave Lake Elsinore, Riverside County 92530USA

• Facebook
  • Instagram
  • YouTube

©2019 by Lakeside Baptist Church. Proudly created with Wix.com

bottom of page