top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·40 members

Make a guess! True or False Coney Island housed a 12 story elephant building which was 175 feet tall. Tune in for answer tomorrow.

Friday 7/14

Eccl. 1:16,17 "I said to myself. "Look, I am wiser than any of the kings who ruled in Jerusalem before me. I have greater wisdom and knowledge than any of them." So I set out to learn everything from wisdom to madness and folly. But I learned firsthand that pursuing all this is like chasing the wind."

You may be asking, Who were some other kings in Jerusalem? Well there were many kings over the hundreds of years before David & him. For instance there was Melchizedek (Gen. 14:18) Adoni-Zedek (Josh. 10:1).

Now it wasn't becoming "more wise" that he was referring to as in (Eccl. 2:15) or "overly wise" in (Eccl. 7:16) as chasing the wind. It was seeking after man's worldly wisdom, without striving to gain spiritual truth from God & His words.

Just for a minute think about these things that we even now have no understanding of ... just how a bee can fly, or how to take the immense power of the lightning bolt and some how store that power. These are just a few of the secrets that mankind has not yet gained understanding of.

Despite the many scientific achievments that have been discovered, yet we have so much that is yet to be harnessed. In fact, we haven't even been able to discover where is the extent of foolish attempts & and wise discoveries.

So far Solomon had discovered; that philosophy couldn't make right any crooked things, or solve any of mans false thinking. So According to 1 Kings he followed the study of botany, biology, and even astronomy. He then wrote books, plays, poems, proverbs, songs, but found that even these attempts at gaining knowledge were fragile, ineffective in reforming mankind. He,found that men were determined to follow after foolish ways, yes, even sometimes wicked ways.

So, he concluded that searching after any research, science, human knowledge, instead of seeking after eternal, spiritual truth, (the wisdom that comes from God). Man was still prone to walk in foolish ways.

In short Solomon learned after all of his searching, he concluded in this thought. Our decisions determine our destiny. If we disregard knowing & following God and His ways, we will still end up with loss, and emptiness.

In a nut shell, he learned this important truth "So Go With God" for no matter how intelligent, or how much learning you gain, you will end up EMPTY. On the other hand when we lean in on His ways, we will be filled with Joy, Peace, Meaning, etc. as the song says "fullness will be our portion"

If you have time listen to Don Moen on you tube "My portion you will ever be" for here he sums up this in reflecting in "Great is your faithfulness".

beck5454
Lindsay Winterton
brenda x
jennifermoya408
brenda x
brenda x
Jul 14, 2023

True

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...

Subscribe Form

Thanks for submitting!

951-674-9350

911 W Graham Ave Lake Elsinore, Riverside County 92530USA

• Facebook
  • Instagram
  • YouTube

©2019 by Lakeside Baptist Church. Proudly created with Wix.com

bottom of page