top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·39 members

Challenge:

Psalm 9:3-5 "When my enemies are turned back, they shall fall and perish in your presence. For you have maintained my right and my cause; you sat in your throne judging right. You have rebuked the heathen, you have destroyed the wicked, you have put out their name for ever and forever".

In these verses David recounts the many times that those who chose to make the Jews their enemy, and how God then delivered them. The specific enemies aren't identified here, but the reader can provide his own list. However, those who had become their enemies, and tried to bring harm to them, God instead caused them to fall and to even become aware of His justice for their evil ways.

Here in this passage David was refering of his victory over Goliath and the Philistine army, and ultimately God's final victory over any of Israel's enemies. By the way this Psalm is an acrostic of the first half of the Hebrew alphabet while chapter 10 is the second half of the alphabet. Before these chapters were numbered they were originally one psalm.

In this writing they weren't considering their creation, or redemption, rather thay are considering God's feats in crushing the nations who were determined to become their enemies. Here David gives all glory to God for these victories rather than to himself, or his armies skill or even the ability of any weapons they used.

Rather he is reflecting on the response of those who were determined to go against God's chosen people. He reflects on their panicky response and their outcome due to God's Almighty strength. Then in verse 4 he speaks of that final day when God will judge all those who have attempted to fight apposing the great army of God, and then in verse 5 the last phrase he speaks of their total removal from the human record into total oblivion.

He is reminding us of the frailness of any city or nation who attempts to align itself against God and His children.

SO GO WITH GOD my dear one for He is on your side! Don't fear the outcome, for He is mightier than any human force.

Lindsay Winterton
beck5454
jennifermoya408
brenda x

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page