top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·39 members

Trivia:

Way to go you guessed the right burger that has become part of the price index, the Big Mac, which is also Becky's favorite burger. A double win, yeah!!!

Do you know; What are the people in the 50's called? The Silent Generation; Millennials; Baby Boomers; or Generation X?

Challenge:

Psalm 30:1-5 "I will exalt you, Lord, for you rescued me. You refused to let my enemies triumph over me. O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you restored my health. You brought me up from the grave, O Lord. You kept me from falling into the pit of death. Sing to the Lord, all you godly ones! Praise His holy name. For His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning."

David begins this chapter by emphasizing the special relationship that all of us, God's children are surrounded by. He uses the word Lord, which in Hebrew is Yahweh, that personal covenant name, that is suspended in a heavenly place of sovereign love. It is used in the Old Testament 7,000 times to remind each of His children, you and I, both in the Old & New Testament.

Verse 2 reminds us of God's restorative healing for all of His children, from Isaiah 53:5 "But He was pierced for our rebellion. crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed."

Then verse 4 calls out for us His children to liberally give songs of praise. Then verse 5 reminds us of the reasons why we should never forget to sing those songs of praise to Him. His judgement on our failures are administered only for a moment, but His ministry of favor lasts throughout our life, sadness is passing, and joy is forever brought into our lives, in order to bring true lasting enjoyment.

Growing up in our home as the oldest son brought many responsibilities, but also many privileges. When becoming a young man, 13, dad began to teach me what the Bible said were the challenges that men were to shoulder. As I entered the age of 16 and began to drive the family car and work, more and more freedoms were extended to me in my life.

At that age I moved from experiencing being spanked as a child to being taught as a young man, just what honor and respect fully meant. I began to experience the emotion and the feelings that disappointing my dad brought on me. Then the worst form of punishment placed on me were those horrible words, "Son I am so disappointed." I remember walking around for days with those heavy feelings. Then later I can remember dad purposing to express his appreciation for that special trust that we as men enjoyed.

This is the very same way that we as His children are allowed to enjoy, that special bond that is ours, it is rarely spoken of but it is present. Isaiah 54:8 speaks of this special place we hold in God's heart, "In a burst of anger I turned my face away for a little while. But in everlasting love I will have compassion on you."

SO GO WITH GOD for He careth for you, each and everyday. His love for you is everlasting, and His compassion is eternal. Oh, dear one, never forget to draw near to His loving presence in prayer, though you may have disappointed Him last hour, He is ready to bring healing, forgiveness, and joy the very next instant.

Lindsay Winterton
brenda x
beck5454
beck5454
beck5454
Jun 29

Go, Boomers!

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page