top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·39 members

From Pastor Ben:

Trivia:

Oh, I know its Saturday and your brain is in neutral! But here's a head scratcher, Can you guess? What is the most-watched television event in U.S. history?

Was it the Moon Landing, Super Bowl, M*A*S*H finale, or Nixon’s resignation speech? Make a guess!

Challenge:

Ecclesiastes 7:14

"Enjoy prosperity while you can, but when hard times strike, realize that both come from God. Remember that nothing is certain in this life."

Have you noticed that the tendency of those who walk through life with a limited or a nonexistent relationship with God, see hardship as a punishment from Him? While those folks who have a vibrant relationship with our Father, begin by checking their actions to stand ready to repent if needed, and if the hardship remains, recognize it as His loving hand fashioning benefit into their lives to cause them to grow deeper, and richer in their life.

Difficulty should be seen as our Savior's implement to improve our daily walk. Just as a parent's corrective hand is their deepest expression of love and affirmation to their children. So often in adversity, we think our world is collapsing and that everything is going wrong when, in reality, the Lord is birthing a whole new understanding within us. So we should embrace our times of trouble and say, “Thank You, Lord. You've ordered this, as well.”

Listen to David's prayer to God in (Psalm 139:17–18) "How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.

They cannot be numbered! 18 I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!" Then he ends his prayer with these words (Psalm139: 23, 24) "23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life."

Do you sense the restful demeanor that David's words depicted? The confidence that he displays in His Heavenly Father's directions in his life?

In my life I have been so blessed by the innumerable number of loving people who have contributed the love of God that they have reflected towards me. My wife, for one, is daily pouring out her loving care for me, (shush) "even when sometimes I am difficult to live with ." And there's my children, when I may have been too harsh, my parents when I disobeyed their instructions, etc, etc, etc... These many loving presents have all flowed through my Father's heart for me. 

Some of these dear ones have passed into eternity, but as their gracious acts come to mind I thank the Father and ask Him to thank them for me, and when I enter heaven I intend to personally thank them. They have truly brought favor and blessing to my life.

Can you think of some people who have graciously poured their love on you? Why not thank the Lord for their many gifts to you?

Psa 139:17 "How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them."

Lam 4:2 "The precious sons of Zion, comparable to fine gold, how are they esteemed as earthen    

pitchers, the work of the hands of the potter!"

SO GO WITH GOD for His ways are past finding out. Just as the beginning thought of yesterdays opening words, Oh, "Consider the work of God;." Why not stop and express your appreciation for all that God and others have passed onto you?

beck5454
Lindsay Winterton
brenda x
jennifermoya408
beck5454
beck5454
Nov 06, 2023

I would guess MASH

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page