top of page

Pastor’s Corner

Public·39 members

Saturday 10/1

Prov. 22:26,27 "Don't agree to

Guarantee another person's debt or put up security for someone else. If you can't pay it, even your bed will be snatched from under you,"

Proverbs several places gives instruction about this practice.

(Prov. 6:1-5; 11:15; 17:18; 20:16)

Solomon is warning against signing a promise to cover for someone else's financial need. The repercussion may be that of personal strain, hurt and even potential loss of friendship.

I remember my parents signing for a long time friendship's bedroom set. They lost their jobs & had to move out of the area. They made arrangements for us to store the bedroom set that my parents had signed for. They said they would pick it up in a few months.

Years later after my parents paying it off, the friends never contacted my parents, finally upon my mother's death they attended the funeral and apologized and asked them to keep the furniture in place of payment.

At the time of storage and failure to pay this caused hardship to my family. I remember my dad being required to sell his favorite antique to pay for the bed room set. My parents were gracious about this but it required a change in our plans. This became a test of true forgiveness and graciousness.

So Go With God He will make a way

to recovery though it may result in personal struggle.

Betty Elliott
Betty Elliott
Oct 01, 2022

No joke?

About

Welcome to the Pastor’s Corner! We hope you dive into the me...
bottom of page